Buildings Consulting Group, Inc. (BCG) is a professional engineering firm specializing in consulting services for structural design and building renovation based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We provide structural consulting and design, project management, and Owner representative services for new design projects and for restoration of existing buildings and parking structures.
At BCG we are problem solvers, we are client champions, and we are a team of talented professionals, engineers, and consultants. We are a collaborative engineering firm committed to providing the most effective solutions for our clients.
BCG is growing and we are looking for additional talented, and dedicated teammates who share a passion for putting our values into action. We currently have an opening for graduate engineer, with 4 to 8 years of experience.
The successful candidate will apply broad, in-depth structural engineering knowledge for review, design, and renovation in collaboration with other team members. This position serves as a member of our project design team and will be responsible for coordinating structural analysis and design, for both new and restoration construction projects.
Highlights of your role
- Facilitate successful structural engineering consulting services, including investigation, analysis, design, and construction phase project management and special inspection services.
- Provide structural engineering review and design of new and existing building structures, including the ability to use 2d / 3d structural design modelling programs, and working with other team members to generate structural design documents and technical specifications for construction.
- Provide investigations and analysis of existing structures, including long-term repair projections and written engineering summary reports to be issued to the project manager for issuing to our clients.
- Provide detailing and other technical supervision to CAD/REVIT technicians who are members of the project team.
- Collaborate and coordinate the work of other engineers and technicians assigned to projects as needed.
- Contribute back to the engineering and local communities. Participate in professional organizations and community organizations per BCG company values and to drive business development.
You’re a good fit if you have
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Civil/Structural Engineering, or equivalent with structural engineering emphasis from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Minnesota or other jurisdictions that BCG practices, or the ability to pass the NCEES Principals and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam within 6 months of hire.
- 4-8 years of experience as a civil/structural engineer with design experience in steel, concrete, masonry or wood framing systems.
- Candidates with building envelope/waterproofing experience including field assessments, analysis and repair experience are preferred.
- Ability to perform on-site field observations and physical testing as required.
- Strong technical writing, detailing, and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to balance and transition between multiple projects.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefit package
Buildings Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Send your resume to:
Human Resource Manager
Buildings Consulting Group, Inc.
2855 Anthony Lane South, Suite 200
St. Anthony, Minnesota 55418